Saturday, January 22, 2011

Happy like a fool...

this depicts exactly how I feel.

...finally. 26 years later...I finally feel like I have a glimmer of an idea of what makes this life so sweet. I've been thinking about how to write it all out. How to put into words, all my thoughts, inspirations, feelings for weeks now. I've been writing things on Post It notes, napkins, the back of my brain, on my heart...everywhere.

So here it goes...

It begins with the perfect little concoction of being in a certain place in my life and following a lovely, real, down to earth, inspiring, amazing woman...Kelle Hampton.

Kelle's story inspired, touched, changed me. From hundreds of miles away, my soul was changed. That night, as I sat and read her writing, I wept. I felt every emotion possible in reading that one blog post. It all started with this: Nella's Birth Story. And I have been a faithful follower ever since.

Kelle showed me, through beautifully written words and amazing pictures, that we are capable. And that life is so sweet. That it really is the small things that make up one great, big feeling in that little corner of our hearts that nothing else can touch and awaken. She gave me a better sense of myself and the importance of "enjoying the small things", giving back, living every day to the very fullest, and to "soak it up", "drink it in" and savour every part of it! From hundreds of miles away...she taught me. By sharing her most precious thoughts and feelings...she touched me. She touched millions. And she isn't stopping there. Check out what she is doing for the NDSS: amazing, goodness.

And while you are at it...check out this too: awesome....and this...touching.

So shout out to Kelle for enlightening & inspiring me and reminding me with every, single blog post...what really matters in life. And that I am capable.

Moving right along...

Whenever I remember just why it is so good to be alive and breathing, I feel like a giddy little girl on Christmas morning, someone who just won the lottery or like someone who just got the package they were waiting to come in the mail. I feel...happy like a fool.

If you stop. just stop...and try to soak up the littlest things...you feel like you are really living. You want to do more things...to feel what they have to offer. You want to touch, taste, smell, hear more things. You want to meet people, smile at a complete stranger, share ideas, give to a good cause, make a stranger laugh, let a car go in front of you in traffic...It's infectious...this lovin' life thing...

...it makes all the bad, crappy, sh*tty, awful, painful parts of life, that much less hurtful. Life can suck. Let's be honest. Some days are sucky. But in between all the stepping in gum, getting a flat tire, tripping over your own feet in front of your boss, burning toast, getting cut off in traffic, losing a family pet, forgetting your lunch, leaving your credit card on a counter at a store, talking to a foreign person with customer service, losing a loved one, dirty looks from a stranger...there's all the good stuff...stuff like realizing what you are buying is on sale, small conversations with complete strangers in the check out line, a raise, an ice cold Coors Light, bubble gum, a baby laughing, hot cookies with a tall glass of cold milk, bubble baths, a smile from a stranger, a green light, a new puppy, laughing 'til it hurts, the birth of a niece, good music, sunshine...you get the idea. I could go all night. But if you're wanting more awesome stuff...go here: again, awesome-ness.

It seems to be that with every bad thing that happens in life...there's at least 5 good things to balance it all out...

Knowing this...makes me feel strong, prepared, ready to slay all of life's dragons. And enjoy the small things. For those are the things put here to remind us that life's not all bad.

So all in all, this post is about the good. And the bad. The perfect. The not so perfect. For it is all a gift. To make us stronger and more capable.

Dance one more song, take more photos, say I love you more, go visit that friend, call that loved one you don't talk to enough, play in the rain, sing as loud as you can to your favorite song, pay for someone else's coffee...go be that happy fool you know you are deep down!







No comments: