Sunday, August 23, 2009

Just a little creative therapy...

"When you cease to dream you cease to live." - Malcolm Stevenson Forbes

I got the idea for this video (slideshow) from a note on Facebook and Mary Virginia's (Danuta) blog. And here is the excerpt from the inspiring article:
"Mind Movies
Given the rapid pace at which new technology has developed, people are finding many innovative ways to take combine visualization and affirmations. Mind movies are an excellent technique for doing that. The concept of a mind movie is very simple. First you develop a list of affirmations for all the things that you want in your life. Then, find pictures to match all of the affirmations you have written down. Combine the pictures and affirmations with some upbeat music and you have a mind movie. What's great about this technique is it eases the burden of trying to picture something in your head since you have a picture right in front of you and the affirmation to go with it."

I put my own spin on it (of course) and decided to reflect & make a slideshow of things I want for myself in the future:
Goals. aspirations. dreams. ambitions. passions...(you get the idea). This slideshow is quite personal to me but thought it may inspire others to think about what truly matters to them in their life...

Please excuse the kink in the video. I tried publishing it in several different formats and this is the only format Blogger would take (a very compressed version - hence the quality)! It also changed the colors a bit (boo)! I had an awesome color scheme (but of course)!

The slideshow (as simple as it is) actually took a long time to edit. Enjoy!



--> I forgot to add, "travel and see the world"!

Of course none of this means anything without action. One of my favorite Emerson quotes states, "An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory." I think this quote greatly explains the purpose for this video. I hope this video gives me that extra kick I need to start making my dreams my reality. Blogging about this is one thing but "getting out there"and making things happens...is a whole different story. So, here's to "Getting Out There"! Yes, Bestie, you did inspire some of this post with your last letter to me when you told me to "get out there and start dating again and meet new people"! You of all people know, I sometimes need a good kick in the arse! So, thank you for being that friend...I love you and I am so thankful for you and the honest, open friendship we share!!




1 comment:

Alison said...

Love it! You did a great job. Ironic. I have been thinking about jotting down a few dreams of my own. Know, though, that many of these you already have and have done, others will come in time, and others will come by the actions you take while waiting on other dreams. Life, it seems, boils down to one person and that person is yourself. With God, you determine your direction by the choices you make. Many of these are right at your fingertips. Now, go an grasp them! Love you and thanks for the inspiration.