Sunday, April 03, 2011

Crafty Miss Crafterson...

So Etsy and Tannehill Trade Days are a callin' my name! I have been sandin' painting, carving, gluing, clippin' and printin' coupons for Michaels and Hobby Lobby, goin' to antique stores in search of cheap, unique items that are just waiting for me to take my paint brush and sandpaper to them. I am having so much fun "creating" and excercizing the right side of my brain (I think it's the right side). It's addictive. It's healthy. It's my therapy. Even if I never sell one of my "creations", I will be satisfied.

My favorite part of all this "creating" is that I have just found crap or scraps of stuff and made something beautiful out of it. Ahh, how this is so true of life. Kinda like the ole' saying, "when life give you lemons, make lemonade". When life hands you troubles and stuff we view as scraps, crap, the stuff we don't need or could really do without (aka: heartache, loss, suffering, dropping your smoothie in the middle of Old Navy, while trying to balance it and an armful of clothes and it exploding when it lands, in a 4 foot radius of you and ending up on a not kind lady's white linen pants- yes, this happened to me today and i still cannot believe I was LITERALLY in the very middle of the store and the lady who it spilled on had her Sunday best on)...you can take all of it and get something beautiful out of it. Like...grace, patience, kindness, strength, capability, wisdom, understanding, gratitude, humility.

It's amazing how an old piece of wood that has been in your garage for years can teach you a valuable lesson. Ahh, this thing called life. How beautiful but yet tragic it can be at the very same time. All you can do is have an open heart and know that nothing is for certain and things can change at the drop of a smoothie...err...dime.

Pictures of my "creations" to come...




No comments: