Monday, June 22, 2009

"Monster Baby"

(Feel free to skip this and watch the video...this is more for my memories)

This past weekend I went to Douglassville, GA to visit my brother and sister in law for Father's Day. My parents were there. My dad had told Doug that he wanted to sod his backyard for him so the grandkids could have a place to play. Doug and dad spent all day Saturday and Sunday sodding. They even had to hire outside help for Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. They got it done and it looks great! Charlotte had her first experience in a sprinkler. She wasn't quite sure about it. It was out in the yard, watering the sod and she would walk up to it and stand there with her hands in the air and then back up. She would get hit with the water and look down like, "what is this stuff?" and then laugh! I had a good time spending time with everyone. It's always nice to be surrounded by family. Douglass Charles is getting bigger but still has his long, lean legs. He is so sweet and still loves to cuddle. I'm sure Ali is hoping he never gets too old for this. He still loves to move his arms around and "punch the air". He likes to sit in your lap but he is a wiggly one. I got up at 6 A.M. and fed him Sunday morning. I am so happy to be so close to be able to spend these moments with my niece and nephew. Charlotte learned the "shoulders" part of "head, shoulders, knees and toes" this weekend. It is too cute. You will be just sitting there eating and she will just start belting out..."heaadddddddd" and place her hands on her head and then shoulders. She sings "The Happy Song" with Ali too. She started calling my dad, "paw" and my mom, "maw". Maybe this is what she will call them. She can also say, "Cissy" and "Mimi". Too cute!

The video is of Charlotte saying, "Monster Baby". My mom started this awhile back and it cracks me up! (Sorry...that is my knee in the way)








1 comment:

Alison said...

Kate, so good to have you. I always enjoy your company and you are so good with my kids. They just love you! You are also welcome anytime to feed my son at 6am. That is the first time since I gave birth to him that I haven't had to give him that bottle. It was so nice to go back to bed. Love ya!